Church Improvement Fund

The Church Improvement Fund is a component fund of the Community Foundation of West Georgia.

The Community Foundation of West Georgia is pleased to announce the availability of grant funds from the Church Improvement Fund. The purpose of the Church Improvement Fund (CIF) is to provide grants for capital improvements to churches that primarily serve the African American communities in Carroll County, Georgia. Priority will be given to churches that have limited ability to raise funds above normal operating costs.

 

Church Improvement Fund Guidelines:

Please carefully read the guidelines for the Church Improvement Fund grant program.

The Church Improvement Fund will provide grants  for capital improvements to churches that primarily serve the African American communities in Carroll County, Georgia.

Funding priorities will be primarily for brick and mortar projects that will improve the physical condition of the churches and help them better serve their congregation and the community.

Requirements for consideration:

Applications will only be accepted annually from churches that have been in existence for a minimum of 10 years.

A cash match of 25/75 will be required. The applicant church will be responsible for 25% of the project costs with the CIF providing the remaining 75%.

Applications will be evaluated on the demonstrated need (plans, cost estimates, community service, etc.) and financial stability of the church.

Multi-year grants are allowed; however, a church cannot receive more than 2 grants in a 5 year period.

 

HOW TO APPLY:

There are two ways to apply.

1. Click this link Church Improvement Fund Grant Application 03.30.2017

Print out the application
Fill it out
Deliver or mail it and other required documents to: Community Foundation of West Georgia 807 South Park Street, Carrollton, GA 30117

Deadline is April 28, 2017 by 4pm. No late entries accepted.

 

2. Click the link Church Improvement Fund Grant Application 03.30.2017

Save the application to your computer
Fill it out on your computer
Save a finished copy
Email the application and other required documents to info@cfwg.net

Deadline is April 28, 2017 by 4pm. No late entries accepted.