The 2019 AHR grant application is now open!
Click HERE to apply for a 2019 AHR Early Child Development Grant.
The deadline to apply is August 15, 2019.
AHR Fund’s Early Child Development Impact Intentions: We believe that access to extraordinary educational opportunities from birth is critical for the health and happiness of the children of West Georgia and the communities in which they will live and work. We prioritize grants that impact children from birth through age four.
- Efforts designed to develop young children’s “reading readiness” and early literacy skills
- Access to local, high quality early educational opportunities
- Professional development of the local, early child development workforce
- Early screening and intervention for preschoolers around problems that could limit educational success (speech, hearing, vision, development, autism and specific learning disabilities)
- Approaches that prepare parents to effectively support their child’s early learning, develop reading readiness skills and promote early literacy (parent coaching/mentoring, books in the home, etc.)
- Number of adult scholarship recipients that complete an early child education degree or certificate.
- Number of preschoolers/families that benefit from early screening/intervention.
- Number of families our grantees connect to early development opportunities (examples are: to quality childcare, early disability detection, coaching parents how to read with children).
- Number of children who are provided with books for their homes
CONTACT INFORMATION: Patience Allan-Glick, Program Mgr., email@example.com