Church Improvement Fund Grants
The Church Improvement Fund is a component fund of the Community Foundation of West Georgia.
The grant application will open March 1st and close on April 30th at 11:59 PM EST.
The Community Foundation of West Georgia is pleased to announce the availability of grant funds from the Church Improvement Fund. The purpose of the Church Improvement Fund (CIF) is to provide grants for capital improvements to predominately African American churches in Carroll County, Georgia. Priority will be given to churches that have limited ability to raise funds above normal operating costs.
Church Improvement Fund Guidelines:
- Please carefully read the guidelines for the Church Improvement Fund grant program. The Church Improvement Fund will provide grants for capital improvements to predominately African American churches in Carroll County, Georgia.
- Funding priorities will be primarily for brick and mortar projects that will improve the physical condition of the churches and help them better serve their congregation and the community. This grant can not fund furnishings (i.e. chairs, pews, etc.) or parking lots. This grant can only fund projects for Church owned property, not leased property or buildings.
Requirements for consideration:
- Applications will only be accepted annually from churches that have been in existence for a minimum of 10 years.
- A cash match of 25/75 will be required.
The applicant church will be responsible for 25% of the project costs with the CIF providing the remaining 75%.
- Applications will be evaluated on the demonstrated need (plans, cost estimates, community service, etc.) and financial stability of the church.
- Multi-year grants are allowed; however, a church cannot receive more than 3 grants in a 5 year period.
The total amount of grant funding available for 2019 Church Improvement Fund grants is $50,000.
HOW TO APPLY:
Click HERE to complete the online application.
The online application allows for uploads of required documents; however, if you would rather provide paper copies, please deliver them to:
Community Foundation of West Georgia
807 South Park Street
Carrollton, GA 30117
The Foundation received requests for less than the funds that are available to be granted this year, therefore we are re-opening the applications for this year. The deadline is April 30,2021. In addition, the donor has agreed to change the guidelines to allow for churches to receive grant assistance a total of three times instead of two.