It is easy to establish a named charitable fund and the task can be completed in less than a day in four steps:
- Decide what type of contribution you would like to use to establish the fund. The contribution can be made up of cash, securities, or other property.
- Select a name for the fund. You can use your own name, the name of a family member, or a name you invent.
- Designate current fund advisors such as you and your spouse and successor advisors such as children.
- Complete and sign a simple governing document that we will provide and help customize for the donor(s).
Once a fund is established, donors may:
- Add to the fund at any time in any dollar amount.
- Specify how grant disbursements are to be acknowledged: in the name of the fund or anonymously.
- If a donor advised fund has been established, the donor may recommend distributions from their fund to charities, locally or throughout the United States
Contact our office at 770-832-1462 to get started!